Data Protection Policy
Last update: 05.03.19
“Company”means Able & Hardie Ltd, a registered Company.
“GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation.
“Responsible Person” means Sally Hardie
“Register of Systems” means a register of all systems or contexts in which personal data is processed by the Company.
1. Data protection principles
The Company is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
2. General provisions
- The Company is committed to protecting the personal information of individuals
- The Company will never sell, lend or otherwise misuse personal information provided by clients or site members
3. Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated below only
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the Company shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
4. Lawful purposes
- We collect Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate the Services.
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support.
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalised service-related notices and promotional messages.
- Financial data will not be held by the Company.
- The Company may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. And to send Christmas cards! For these purposes we may contact you via email, phone and postal mail.
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Session (Transient) cookies: these cookies are erased when you close your browser, and do not collect information from your computer. They typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
- Persistent (Permanent or Stored) cookies: these cookies are stored on your hard drive until they expire (i.e. they are based on a set expiration date) or until you delete them. These cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as web surfing behaviour or user preferences for a specific site. These cookies are used by the log in to the site membership.
6. Data minimisation
- The Company shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- The Company cannot be held responsible for third party actions, however takes reasonable steps to limit the information provided to third parties (such as furniture, fittings, equipment providers, tradespeople) who require personal information (ie address, phone number).
- The Company shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
8. Archiving / removal
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, the Company has an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed.
- Financial data is not held by the Company.
- Due to the repeat business nature of the projects, Contact data is held for clients until revoked or unsubscribed.
- Member emails are held for until Member unsubscribes.
- The Company ensures that personal data is stored securely using current software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data is limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security is in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this is done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions are in place.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, the Company shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us mail to South Park Suite, Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire, PO9 6DX.
Error: Access Token for ableandhardie is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.